- 93 degree weather forecasts.
- Vehicles that decide to breakdown.
- Poor timing.
- Seating arrangements.
- Knowing I put important documents in a safe place, only to forget where said safe place is.
- Dishes that pile up in my kitchen sink because washing them will ruin my nails.
- Having to worry about ruining my nails.
- My inner control freak.
- Purchasing expensive luggage, only to find that it's actually crap upon arrival.
- Attempting to return said luggage.
- Trying to find new luggage 7 days before you leave the country.
- To-do lists.
- Confirming reservations.
- Breaking in new shoes.
- Hot glue guns.
Le sigh. It's been a rough weekend. But, the good news is that I was able to try on my dress for the first time complete with hair, makeup, veil and jewelry. I am SO pleased with the result. For once, something in this wedding has actually lived up to the vision! Everything else has been close, but the look was just spot on.
The programs and menus, hot off the press on Friday, have been freshly corner-rounded (if any one's counting, that's 800 corner punches, brought to you by these little hands!), and are awaiting the final assembly. We'll be finalizing the seating arrangements tonight, and hopefully I can start formatting the seating chart and get that printed soon. We'll be turning the final count in to Maggiano's this week, and then from that point, just confirming setup times with the rest of the vendors. Overall, we're still feeling confident, and the calmness ebbs and flows.
At this point, I guess that's all we can hope for...