23 Things I'm Grateful For (and a surprise at the end!)
- Thomas. There are not enough words in the world to demonstrate how grateful I am to have this wonderful specimen of a man in my life.
- My family. Through it all, they encourage me, keep me grounded, smile with me, laugh with me, cry with me...Whether or not it's a late night or early morning phone call because I just need to talk, or it's just a lazy Sunday morning thumbing through the Sunday ads while eating Mom's pancakes, they're always there.
- My nieces. While certainly a part of #2, their smiles, hugs, sloppy kisses, giggles, and sweet words bring me more joy than I ever knew possible.
- Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Starting now, these are in no particular order. But seriously, I love this coffee.
- My job. Everyone has moments of frustration, but overall, I love my coworkers (who I'm grateful for, too! Yay for bringing me cookies today!), have great flexibility, and pretty much enjoy what I do. And I get a paycheck. Not too shabby.
- Our house. More specifically, the whirlpool tub that I used for the first time last night. (Side note: I'm not particularly grateful for the muscle pull in my back that required me to use the tub. Stupid working out.)
- My puppy. Once you get past his crazy barking fits and his occasional temper tantrum, he's a sweet, sweet boy who loves to cuddle with me at night. More than once I've woken up to find him sleeping on the other half of my pillow...haha.
- My friends. I'm so very grateful that they haven't ditched me after all my hair-brained schemes...you know who you are, girls! :)
- A sense of humor. Seriously, people are boring without one.
- J.R. Watkins Apothecary Lemon Cream body cream and hand lotion. These 2 bottles are within 6 inches of my hands at all times at work. True love, people, true love.
- Fresh flowers. I pick up a bouquet weekly at the store, and they just make me smile.
- Sweet Iced Tea with Lemons. Constantly chilled in my fridge --- yum! :)
- My BlackBerry. I'm connected ALL the time, and I love it. I told Tom last night that I would never, ever have a normal phone again.
- My past. It's shaped me to who I am now, and brought me to where I am, and I'm always grateful for that.
- Love Actually. If this movie had never come about, my life would be less rich.
- The opportunity to travel. I'm so thankful that I can go where I'd like and experience what I want. Not everyone has that opportunity!
- New clothes. I got a bunch of new clothes yesterday (an early birthday present). There's something about putting on a brand new outfit that just boosts your self-esteem. :)
- Flip-flops. My life would not be complete without these.
- My ability to write. Whether or not I'm making one of my crazy lists, writing for work, or just blogging for fun, writing has always been a creative outlet, and I'm so grateful I've discovered it and used it to my advantage.
- Chocolate. What list would be complete without it?
- Manicures and pedicures. A guilty indulgence that I'm most definitely grateful for.
- My GPS. I'm grateful that I never have to worry about getting lost again.
- My finished wedding invitations. Yep, you read that right. They surprised me and arrived yesterday. Ta-da!
Oh, sweet, sweet love.
Happy Birthday to me!