Friday, June 5, 2009

Grateful.

Today's my 23rd birthday (I know, I know...I'm young. My coworkers affectionately call me a zygote). In honor of this, I thought I'd do something a bit different. So, without further adieu:

23 Things I'm Grateful For (and a surprise at the end!)

  1. Thomas. There are not enough words in the world to demonstrate how grateful I am to have this wonderful specimen of a man in my life.
  2. My family. Through it all, they encourage me, keep me grounded, smile with me, laugh with me, cry with me...Whether or not it's a late night or early morning phone call because I just need to talk, or it's just a lazy Sunday morning thumbing through the Sunday ads while eating Mom's pancakes, they're always there.
  3. My nieces. While certainly a part of #2, their smiles, hugs, sloppy kisses, giggles, and sweet words bring me more joy than I ever knew possible.
  4. Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Starting now, these are in no particular order. But seriously, I love this coffee.
  5. My job. Everyone has moments of frustration, but overall, I love my coworkers (who I'm grateful for, too! Yay for bringing me cookies today!), have great flexibility, and pretty much enjoy what I do. And I get a paycheck. Not too shabby.
  6. Our house. More specifically, the whirlpool tub that I used for the first time last night. (Side note: I'm not particularly grateful for the muscle pull in my back that required me to use the tub. Stupid working out.)
  7. My puppy. Once you get past his crazy barking fits and his occasional temper tantrum, he's a sweet, sweet boy who loves to cuddle with me at night. More than once I've woken up to find him sleeping on the other half of my pillow...haha.
  8. My friends. I'm so very grateful that they haven't ditched me after all my hair-brained schemes...you know who you are, girls! :)
  9. A sense of humor. Seriously, people are boring without one.
  10. J.R. Watkins Apothecary Lemon Cream body cream and hand lotion. These 2 bottles are within 6 inches of my hands at all times at work. True love, people, true love.
  11. Fresh flowers. I pick up a bouquet weekly at the store, and they just make me smile.
  12. Sweet Iced Tea with Lemons. Constantly chilled in my fridge --- yum! :)
  13. My BlackBerry. I'm connected ALL the time, and I love it. I told Tom last night that I would never, ever have a normal phone again.
  14. My past. It's shaped me to who I am now, and brought me to where I am, and I'm always grateful for that.
  15. Love Actually. If this movie had never come about, my life would be less rich.
  16. The opportunity to travel. I'm so thankful that I can go where I'd like and experience what I want. Not everyone has that opportunity!
  17. New clothes. I got a bunch of new clothes yesterday (an early birthday present). There's something about putting on a brand new outfit that just boosts your self-esteem. :)
  18. Flip-flops. My life would not be complete without these.
  19. My ability to write. Whether or not I'm making one of my crazy lists, writing for work, or just blogging for fun, writing has always been a creative outlet, and I'm so grateful I've discovered it and used it to my advantage.
  20. Chocolate. What list would be complete without it?
  21. Manicures and pedicures. A guilty indulgence that I'm most definitely grateful for.
  22. My GPS. I'm grateful that I never have to worry about getting lost again.
  23. My finished wedding invitations. Yep, you read that right. They surprised me and arrived yesterday. Ta-da!


Oh, sweet, sweet love.

Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

TitansFan said...

Happy birthday a few days late! #6 is my favorite favorite part of my house too. Unfortunately I use my Whirlpool Tub for therapeutic purposes. Saying that I do enjoy it even when everything is fine. It is much better when my wife and I are just wanting to relax.