Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Need a Vacation.

Recently, I've had a lot of people asking me if I was nervous or if I was overwhelmed. I always say no to both (especially the nervous question!), but lately I've begun to feel overwhelmed. It's nothing I can't handle -- I've certainly planned other events that require timelines be created, speeches be written, people be directed, etc. But, now I'm finding it difficult to plan a rehearsal dinner, a wedding, a reception, an afterparty, and a honeymoon. I feel completely on schedule with the wedding stuff, but I feel like I've devoted no time to planning our honeymoon, and that is not typical of me.

When I travel, I make itineraries. Several, actually. I create budget spreadsheets, get directions to local restaurants, book excursions early on, program taxi numbers in my phone --- the works.

With 7 weeks until we leave for our honeymoon, we still haven't booked the hotels.

I know, I know, I suck. But I've been working on it.

Today, for instance, I just booked a day trip on this:



We'll be sailing the seas, or rather the Pacific Ocean, on this catamaran. We depart at 8:30 in the morning, sail until 10, and then dock at the Low Isles, part of Coral Cay and the Great Barrier Reef. We'll get to snorkel, lounge on a private island, have lunch and afternoon tea, then sail on back to town.



I want to be here, now. As in right now. Or better yet, 10 minutes ago.



Is it terrible that when people ask "Are you excited for the wedding?" I usually respond with "Yeah, but not nearly as much as for the honeymoon."

I think this post has given me a kick in the tush to go and book our hotels tonight.

3 comments:

Becca said...

It looks beautiful! The WHOLE process from start to finish is going to be great, I know we can't wait!

Unknown said...

I remember feeling that way. It was mostly becuase I wanted all the details done, I wanted to relax. Everything will work out. If you need some help you just have to ask.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "I Need a Vacation." to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com