Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Solid Wedding Advice

I'm copying today's post from Meg over at A Practical Wedding:

An excellent wedding rule:

Do have fun. It might be more work when you DIY or have to really search and barter, but the fact is it's not just one day! It can be a whole little journey where you connect with your family and friends and rediscover just how exciting it can be to say "I Love You!"

Do you know that in Judaism, your wedding starts the moment that you get engaged, and only ends a year after your wedding? I love this, because for me the process has been so enlightening, and the journey is perhaps as important as the destination.


As we really start to get into the meat of the planning, I hope to hold this advice close. And, since most of you here are family and friends, I'm cordially inviting you to continue on this journey with me (us, really, I guess).

Quick planning update: We're still working on finalizing the date, but once we do, we'll sign the contracts for the ceremony site, reception site, and florist, and I'll be able to feature all of them! In the meantime, I've completed one DIY project, and am starting to add plenty more onto my list, so I hope to showcase these, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked hard on those envelopoes! You should show them off!