Our lovely photographer, Kara, who has been with us since the beginning, has saved us the date. I will be meeting with our prospective florist, Kristen with Kio Kreations, on Monday to discuss options and sign the contract. Our ceremony will be held at a lovely park/garden/conservatory in Elmhurst, IL, called Wilder Park. We will be hosting a brunch reception to follow at the always delicious and sophisticated Maggiano's.
We are also extremely excited to announce that one of Tom's good friends from school has agreed to marry us! We have the utmost faith in him to write and officiate a fabulous ceremony that will be tailored to us.
So while we have the big things out of the way, we still have a few more things to check off the list, including:
- Purchase wedding rings (I've been eyeing a few, just haven't jumped yet!)
- Finalize brunch menu
- Choose ceremony music and figure out logistics
- Choose and create reception playlist
- Choose & book rehearsal dinner location (we're leaning towards a good old-fashioned BBQ at our apartment, or possibly a fab "crosstown classic" themed dinner @ Harry Caray's)
- Take engagement photos
- Reserve convertible for the wedding day (one of Tom's friends works at a rental place, so he was more than eager to take this task on!)
- Decide on favors. (Do we bother?)
- Design invitations, programs and menus.
- Print invitations, programs and menus.
- Assemble invitations, programs and menus. (I think you get the picture!)
- Research and book honeymoon! (We're deciding between a Mediterranean cruise or a land excursion of Scotland, London & maybe Paris!)
- Apply for marriage license
- Buy ties & pocket squares for the groom, groomsmen and fathers
- Assemble the bases for the flowergirl flower wands (PS - Congrats to Becca and fam -- we're officially adding little Charlotte Joanne to our wedding party in May!)
- Create seating chart and have it printed at Kinko
I can't really seem to think of anything more, though I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting! Anybody else have any suggestions about what I've forgotten so far?