Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Contract...

I don't think I've ever been more excited to receive a contract than I was yesterday. While seeing the pricing information wasn't so pleasant, it was good to see our names (albeit spelled wrong) with an official date next to them.

It's been a long time in coming, I can assure you. Poor Tom has probably endured 3 years of wedding talk, and that's a conservative estimate. I guess it's fairly easy to see how indecisive I really am when you factor in that we picked out 3 different engagement rings, 6 different wedding venues, 2 completely different color schemes, upwards of 10 wedding dates, and countless ideas associated with all of it.



So when I say that this is much more than just a contract, I mean it. More than just a legal agreement, it's a physical embodiment of this planning process, which can be so cerebral.

So, with the first major decision made, signed off on, and partially paid for, it's onward in the planning process for us. And it feels really, really good. :)

No comments: