Tuesday, April 21, 2009

DIY Month: Update 1

So a while ago, I mentioned that I was working on lots of DIY projects, though not all of them were for the wedding.

As my newest niece, Charlotte, will be arriving shortly, there is a sense of urgency surrounding projects relating to her bedroom and my nieces' new "big girl" bedroom. A few weeks back, I completed a set of 6 or 7 throw pillows for their room, and just recently, Becca and I tackled a few more "decor" elements. Take a look at the lamp below, as well as the letter plaques that we spent almost 8 hours on:



Pretty awesome, no?

Kudos to my brother-in-law Rick for the lovely wall paint job (as well as the dresser, chair rail, and mirror, in addition to the bunk beds and custom closet, too!). AND, major kudos to Bec for all her work refining and creating her vision. It's really turning out awesome, and I hope to be able to show off the rest of the room later (including the SUPER awesome reading corner, complete with seating & a chandelier!).

PS - I love the reflection in the mirror ;)

No comments: