Thursday, October 9, 2008

Looking Ahead to the Weekend...

Tom and I have a fantastic, albeit busy, weekend ahead. In reality, that's how the next few weekends are looking. I can't complain, though. I like being busy :)

On Saturday, I'm taking my goddaughter out on a "date." For her birthday/Christmas gift, I purchased a subscription to a local children's theater. I bought her the book that this play is based off of, If You Take a Mouse to School. I thought it was appropriate, given that she started Kindergarten. I'm really excited about our December show, Hansel & Gretel. I've also signed us up for a Gingerbread House making class!! :)

Later that night, I'll be accompanying my mother to wedding since my dad can't make it. I'm mainly going to take notes, checkout the florist & bakery, and get a free meal. :)

Sunday morning, Tom and I are volunteering at the Chicago Marathon. A coworker of mine was involved with the staffing of the aid stations, so Tom and I decided it would be a fun opportunity to be a part of it. We'll be either handing out water or bananas at Aid Station 19. :)

Sunday afternoon, we're hoping to catch a quick nap. We're leaving for the race at 6 am, and hope to be back by 1. After that, we have to cleanup and get ready to take family pictures. These should be quite interesting, as we now have 3 little ones to attempt to get to smile at once. It'll be fun to see how they all turn out! :)

No comments: