Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Style Post

Okay, I think you've all seen enough of the crazy inner-workings of my mind.

What can I say, I'm a creative type. We bounce. We fluctuate. We obsess. We lose interest quickly. Meh.

Anywhoodle, below are some stylish-type details that I just love. :) I think that these small details really help set the mood of an event. Plus, if done correctly, they don't have to cost a lot of money (despite what the bridal industry leads you to believe!).

Wreaths for the ceremony doors:



Completely superfluous? Yes. Delicious? Absolutely!! These has sort of been an obsession of mine since we got engaged, and I don't really know why. Michaels, aka my second home, had a huge sale on floral stems (50% off!). So, I indulged and purchased enough to make two wreaths. Last year, I was able to pick up these amazing thin silver letters, covered in pearls. They're pretty hard to picture, so I'll just leave you to your imagination. I bought one set of our monogram, figuring I would use them somewhere. Then, a month ago, they had them again! I knew it was a sign, and picked up a second set. The best part? They're $1 a piece!

As soon as I get to Tom's and charge my camera, I'll embark upon the wreath journey, taking pictures so I can share with all of you :)

Okay, now tables.

I like this:



And I LOVE these:



Well, maybe not the tall candles, but I love the silver bases :)

And this:



It's just so simple and pretty :)

And of course, this, which I've showed you before:



I'm picturing candles. TONS of candles on the tables. Especially if we use the rectangular tables. For what, $10 a table, we'll have tons of candlelight? Can't beat that!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I LOVE the second to last table, the pretty and simple one. I love the idea of the wreaths, but where on the church's door would they go? I just saw yesterday's post, what did you decide?

Anonymous said...

Love the candles! It will make it very romantic! And the flowers you decide dependon your reception. Short and simple- toppas. Tall and ornate- desert.