Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Now We're Cooking!!!

Alright, now that I feel like I actually have an audience (and an audience that is responding to me nonetheless - Bravo you!), I think we're getting to the fun parts of this!! I love hearing new, unique ideas and getting feedback on them, too. So this next idea is brought to you courtesy of a friend from high school that sent the information to me after reading the blog. Once I relayed the idea to a coworker, I was then given even more glorious information/ideas for this.

So, courtesy of Amanda, the thought of a photobooth has now entered my overflowing brain. This trend has started popping up at weddings all over the place in recent years. When I first heard of the idea a few months ago, I thought it was sort of frivolous and unnecessary, but then again, what's not at a wedding, right? So when Amanda sent the link, I was naturally curious to at least find out how much it would cost. So to have the photobooth with unlimited pictures for 4 hours it would cost about $900. Normally that number would cause me to have a heart attack, but for some reason, I feel okay about it. In light of the fact that I want a photojournalistic-focused photographer (how's that for alliteration??), I'll be foregoing the traditional table shots. I personally think they're rather worthless. And I'm not a fan of guest books, either. BUT, with the photobooth, they also offer the option of supplying double photos, so the guests get one strip and the other is placed in a guest book with a quick note. Again, this could be another instance of frivolousness/something I can live without, but it's a fun idea...

As I was telling one of my coworkers about this, she told me that a friend of hers did this at her wedding, except they supplied a box of boas and other goofy accessories towards the end of the night for photos. She said the photos turned out amazing and were so much fun to look at afterwards...

So, any thoughts about this????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing! and so much fun! and $900 isn't awful. . . but it is money. And nobody likes table photos. Remember at J&M wedding when we couldn't get everyone together? And nobody buys them either. Two question- Will the people taking the pictures get a print out and just leave you guys one and two, what if a family wants a picture taken of them? Will a photographer be one hand? Isn't it kinda a waste to pay for two photographers? (Booth and normal)
I must say however, I LOVE the boa and other wacky accessories idea. I would totally do that!

Jen said...

I think that this is a great idea. I personally like the candid shots from my wedding rather than the posed ones - so maybe you could get a smaller formal photo package and then get the photobooth and encourage everyone to take cool photos.