Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Warning: Do Not Read This If You're Hungry!

It's time to discuss one of my favorite topics: CAKES!

So there are a multitude of trends happening with cakes nowadays, and I can say, after poring through pages upon pages of cake photos, I find that I'm not really drawn to a particular color, style, or shape.

Most of you know that I'm a very quick to find what I like, and to choose it as well. So being that I don't love anything outright worries me. Maybe you can all help!!!

Here are some cakes that I liked, but was not sold on:



I like the size of this one. I'm not a fan of big cakes, especially if we're serving this as a take-home thing, not as dessert. I also like the colors and style a bit.



I'm a big fan of the monogram on this cake, though I'm not a fan of the square shape, nor the color or decorations on the top two tiers.




Again, love the monograms, though I'm not sure that's the route I want to take. I also really love this color blue and the white against it!



Again, love the color. And the elegance, yet simplicity. Please note that hopefully my cake will not have the blatant mistakes/goofs in the fondant. Ya see what I'm talking about? Looking closely where the tiers meet. GROSS.




LOVE IT! Just kidding! Not for the wedding, but maybe the shower! Ma, are ya paying attention? This one's for you...hahaha.

No comments: